July 28, 1999 - "Peace" 23
Decani 1. Over 50 Serb Churches Destroyed or Vandalized
So Far During NATO/KFORs "Peace"
Moscow 2. Russias Aid for Serbia
Phoenix 3. "Kosovo's Incomplete Peace" Is a Complete
The Editor of the Wall Street Journal)
1. Over 50 Serb Churches Destroyed or Vandalized So Far During NATO/KFORs "Peace"
DECANI, July 27 - More than 50 Serb churches have been destroyed or vandalized during NATOs Kosovo "peace," according to a dispatch which we have just received from Fr. Sava, of the Decani monastery. Itemized below, is a list of 31 Serb churches and monasteries which have suffered such a fate (also see a selection of the destroyed churches photos at our Web site - plus many more of them at the Decani monastery Web site - http://www.decani.yunet.com/destruction.html).
In addition, "there are unconfirmed information that there are at least 20 more churches or chapels which have been vandalized or completely destroyed," Fr. Sava writes. "Serbs are persecuted, killed in (their) flats, expelled from their homes, women are raped, farmers are slaughtered, Serbian and all Non-Albanian homes are systematically torched, AND all this in the presence of the most powerful force in the world" (NATO).
According to the Serb Orthodox Church estimates, 150 out of the "nearly 200 murders" so far perpetrated by the Kosovo Albanians during NATO's "peace" (per the New York Times) have been Serbs. Another 200 Serbs shave been kidnapped, and are presumed dead, based on the outcomes of prior Serb abductions.
International relief agencies are estimating that between 100,000 and 140,000 Serbs have already fled such KLA and ethnic Albanian terror in Kosovo. The Serbian Orthodox Church puts that number at 130,000, or two-thirds of the pre-war Kosovo Serb population (about 200,000 people).
And now, heres a partial list of the
DESTROYED OR DAMAGED SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCHES AND MONASTERIES IN KOSOVO AND METOHIJA (June 13 - July 27)
1. The Medieval Holy Trinity Monastery near Musutiste (nr. Suva Reka), 14th century, looted, set on fire and finally destroyed by explosive
2. The Medieval Dormition of Mother of God parish church in Musutiste, (Suva Reka) built in 1315, burned and completely destroyed by explosive,
3. St. Mark's Monastery in Korisa (nr. Prizren) 1467, set on fire, vandalized, and destroyed by explosive,
4. The parish church in Kijevo, near Klina, 14th century, completely destroyed.
5. St. Demetrius church in Siga, near Pec, renewed in 1937, built on the medieval foundations, completely destroyed by explosive.
6. St. Apostles Peter and Paul parish church in Suva Reka, built in 1938, vandalized, and
completely destroyed by explosive.
7. St. Nikola church in Slovinje village (nr. Lipljan), built in 16th century, set on fire and later completely demolished by explosive,
8. The parish church in Grmovo, near Vitina, first it was set on fire and then completely
destroyed by explosive.
9. The parish church in Zegra, near Gnjilane, 1931, demolished and destroyed by explosive.
10. St. Archangel Gabriel's Monastery in Binac (nr. Vitina), built in 14th century, (with
frescoes) set on fire and almost completely demolished,
11. The Presentation of the Virgin church in Dolac (nr. Klina), built in 1620, vandalized and set on fire,
12. The Presentation of the Virgin parish church in Bijelo Polje (nr. Pec), built in 16th century (reconstructed in 19th century), looted and set on fire,
13. St. John the Baptist parish church in Pecka Banja (nr. Pec), built in 1996, vandalized and set on fire,
14. St. Virgin's church in Naklo village, (nr. Pec), built in 1985, vandalized and set on fire
15. The Holy Trinity church in Velika Reka village (nr. Vucitrn), built in 1997, vandalized and set on fire.
16. The Holy Trinity church in Petric, built in 1993, vandalized and completely demolished by explosive,
17. The Holy Apostles' parish church in Petrovce village (nr. Kosovska Kamenica), vandalized and set on fire.
18. The Cathedral of St. Uros in Urosevac, built in 1933, vandalized and set on fire, the parish center is completely destroyed.
19. The parish church in Nerodimlje, demolished, the graveyard desecrated
20. St. Virgin's church in Podgorce village (nr. Vitina), vandalized and set on fire,
21. The famous Devic Monastery of St. Joanikije, f. c.1440, looted and vandalized, the marble tomb of the saint is desecrated.
22. The Medieval monastery St. Cosma and Damian Monastery in Zociste (with frescoes), 14th century, looted and vandalized.
23. The Cathedral of the Holy Trinity in Djakovica, 1998, vandalized, set on fire inside. A valuable mosaic was completely destroyed. The church is completely destroyed by explosive on July 24.
24. St. Virgin's parish church in Djurakovac (nr. Pec), built in 1997, vandalized,
25. St. Elija's parish church in Vucitrn, built in 1834, vandalized and looted.
26. St. Nikola's church in Osojane, near Pec, vandalized
27. St. Elija's church in Bistrazin, between Prizren and Djakovica, reconstructed in 1941 and 1998. The church is vandalized and damaged inside by an explosion.
28. St John the Baptist church in Samodreza, near Vucitrn, old church (reconstructed in 1932), vandalized and set on fire.
29. St. Paraskeva (St. Nikola) church in Drsnik near Pec (with frescoes), 16th century vandalized and set on fire.
30. The parish church in Novake village, near Prizren, vandalized and damaged.
31. The parish church in Krusevo, near Pec, vandalized and partly torched.
The list is still not complete. There are unconfirmed information that there are at least 20 more churches or chapels which have been vandalized or completely destroyed.
2. Russias Aid for Serbia
MOSCOW, July 22 - Russia said last week that it had set up a special commission to coordinate its efforts to help rebuild Yugoslavia following NATO's air campaign against the Balkan nation earlier this year, according to the Reuters news wire.
Economy Minister, Andrei Shapovalyants, said that the prime minister, Sergei Stepashin, had signed a resolution to set up the commission, which will formulate the Russian plan.
TiM Ed.: Meanwhile, Stepashin is in Washington this week to beg the war criminal Clinton for more aid for Russia. The Serbs had better make sure that their winter crops are firmly planted in the ground, rather than mortgaged on account of this future Russian aid.
"We have already begun to draw up this program and should get the first proposals from the Yugoslav side (on what it wants rebuilding) towards the end of this week," Shapovalyants told a news conference.
The program included a credit of $150 million this year, enabling Belgrade to buy Russian fuel, gas and other goods needed for reconstruction work, he said. The minister said the Russian companies would focus on rebuilding Yugoslavia's bridges, 59 of which were destroyed or damaged during the 79 days of NATO air strikes.
PHOENIX, July 27 - Check out this letter to the New York Times at our Web site - which includes some new information which we received after we had sent out the original version.
Also, check out... Truth in Media Statement on the Kosovo War, "Wither Dayton, Sprout New War?", "On the Brink of Madness", "Tragic Deja Vu's," "Seven U.S. Senators Suggest Ouster of Milosevic", "Biting the Hand That Feeds You", "A Balkan Affairs Potpourri", "Put the U.N. Justice on Trial", "International Justice 'Progresses' from Kidnapping to Murder", "Milosevic: 'A Riddle Wrapped in a Mystery'...", "Kosovo Lie Allowed to Stand", "New World Order's Inquisition in Bosnia", "Kosovo Heating Up", "Decani Monastery Under Siege?", "Murder on Wall Street", "Kosovo: 'Bosnia II', Serbia's Aztlan", "What If the Shoe Were on the Other Foot?", "Serb WW II General Exhonerated by British Archives," "Green Interstate - Not Worth American Lives", "An American Hero or Actor of the Year?" (A June '95 TiM story) and/or "Clinton arme secrètement les musulmans bosniaques", "Kocevje: Tito's Greatest Crime?", "Perfidious Albion Strikes Again, Aided by Uncle Sam"
Or Djurdjevic's WASHINGTON TIMES columns: "Chinese Dragon Wagging Macedonian Tail," "An Ugly Double Standard in Kosovo Conflict?", "NATO's Bullyboys", "Kosovo: Why Are We Involved?", and "Ginning Up Another Crisis"